This is a quick and easy vocab review 'game' for 1st grade past tense verbs. Ideal for a quick review before doing a writing exercise.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Sean Whelan on Mar 10, 2008.
- Introduce your verbs. Regular and irregular conjugations are good for variety. Review old verbs for practice.
- Have the students turn their desks to face each other and play janken. The loser gets an eraser out and places it in the centre of the two desks.
- Explain, using gestures and with the aid of the JTL, that the eraser can be taken when a past tense verb is spoken by the ALT. It cannot be taken when any other form of the verb is used.
- With the rules explained demonstrate the game with your teacher. Be sure to make a few mistakes too.
- Now start. About 10 sentences is enough. As soon as the students hear the past tense they can try to snatch the eraser before their opponent. It's as simple as that.
- Try including the verb forms in sentences. If your studenst are pretty sharp, try having them take turns at making their own sentences. They can bluff each other into making errors with enough practice.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.